Hi,
just wanted to say I’ve been trying the beta and the app is really well made: smooth, clean UI, solid feel overall.
I also read the white paper and found it serious and genuinely interesting!
Quick question, since I noticed several similarities: is it a fork of Mullvad’s open-source app? Very nice work on it either way.
Also, are independent audits (code and/or infrastructure) planned in the coming months?
Thanks, and good luck with the launch!
1 Like
Hello,
Thank you very much for your feedback, it motivates us!
The desktop/mobile app is indeed a fork of Mullvad’s open-source app.
We have reworked it extensively, both in terms of UX and at the level of the WireGuard protocol, which has been replaced by WarrenGuard, but this allowed us to not start from scratch.
Independent audits are indeed planned, but within a few years, when we have the means to commission them.
These are generally the delays observed by the competition: several years before the first audits.
Ok thanks for the answer! Having tried many VPNs on Android, I was pleasantly surprised especially by the stability (even on GrapheneOS!) and the decent/low battery usage.
Usually new and beta VPN apps are a disaster, probably also thanks to the fact that this is a fork and not an app built from scratch, but personally I don’t see that as a flaw at all: sometimes there’s really no point in reinventing the wheel when we already know it runs well :). I’ll definitely keep using it for this trial month, good work and keep it up!
1 Like